Free access to Vision Meets Reality: Common Core in Action
Teaching Now Blog
PBS Lesson Plan Turns Students Into Abraham Lincoln (04/22 05:12 pm)
Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers Vie for Unhappiest Profession (04/20 04:38 pm)
Traveling Poet Brings Her Craft to Students (04/18 02:26 pm)
- • Wake has 41 percent hike in teacher resignations (04/18 8:25 am)
- • Ohio school board debates sexual orientation rule (04/16 8:25 am)
- • Educators, legislators cool to NC pay report (04/15 8:17 am)
- • District Hires Immigrant Teachers Under New Policy (04/14 8:24 am)
TEACHING AHEAD: A ROUNDTABLE
In this special edition of Teaching Ahead, student writers chime in on what they see as the greatest demands teachers face in their day-to-day work and what makes someone a good teacher. (April 22, 2014)
Our Community With Support From:
Teachers still in the classroom should have a significant voice in education policy. Hybrid roles are a great way to enable that.
Getting students college- and career-ready by high school graduation has become an overarching goal in the academic community, but what does "career-ready" really mean? And is current thinking around career-readiness too narrow? Share your thoughts.
Learning Forward's PD Watch
Teaching Channel Spotlight
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
Deeper Literacy: New Insights and Strategies for Teachers
Now available on-demand.
In this special webinar series, three master educators—Mike Schmoker, Jim Burke, and Donalyn Miller—offer insights into how teachers can deepen literacy instruction and give students the tools and opportunities they need to build close-reading and analytical-writing skills. View series.
TEACHER TRENDS & DATA
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- K-12 Head of School
- TIE, Switzerland
- Classroom Teacher Grade 1
- The International Eduator, Italy
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US